Wednesday, September 28, 2005

It's a meme again!



"When I walked in, I realized that Le Pain Quotidien was not only a bakery but also a restaurant."

This is the 5th sentence of the 23rd post that I wrote on this blog last September. I'm sure you're wondering why in the world I went digging through my archives to tell you this. It's quite simple - I've been tagged! Another meme is making its way through the blog world and it landed in my email courtesy of my good friend Amy of Cooking with Amy fame.

My 23rd post was about Le Pain Quotidien, a French bakery and restaurant chain in Manhattan. They have a location right next to my office on 19th street between Broadway and Park which I still frequent often for vegan soups and cheese sandwiches. Seeing the fresh bread everyday for over a year has enticed me back to eating bread which I had almost given up when I was on my weight-loss mission a few years back BEFORE I moved to Manhattan. Bread is back in my life thanks to LPQ and so are the pounds. Quel dommage!

I like to make pannini sandwiches with organic bread from LPQ. I love the combination of roasted peppers, fontina cheese (it melts really well), arugula and English mustard in my panini. I use my grill pan but would really love Mario Batali's panini grill and press:



The five blogs I tag are:

The Samantha Files because I really enjoyed meeting Sam at the C&Z get-together but have lost touch since.

Salli Vates' NY Food Page because her archive might spring up something really interesting in Manhattan that I can check out.

life & food because I read Rumy's blog regularly and love keeping in touch with India through her postings.

Margaritas and Miaows because Nisha tagged me for a shoe meme and this is tit for tat (sorry, Nish, I haven't yet done the shoe thing yet!)

Chumma Chumma because my dearest Dad is just so adorable and I still can't get over how much he's taken to blogging!

5 Comments:

Blogger rums said...

yes, i would love mario batali's panini grill and press too, but i'm having a difficult time zeroing on a decent grill pan here. am still looking!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Amy Sherman said...

I still use my George Foreman grill for panini, works great! I don't think I could give up bread, unless of course I could eat croissants instead!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

LULU...Love reading your blog....coz I am a big foodieee too....even went to hotel school, coz all I wanted to be was a chef. The professional thing did not last for long....but as a person I will always be hooked to food.....will check out some of the places when I am in NYC later this year, and yes NYC ROCKS

12:44 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

hi paa"ji"
nice to meet you virtually. look forward to reading your b-school di journey, bhaiya!
vancouver is one place i am dying to visit. hopefully i will get there within a year. i so regret not having visited british columbia when i lived in calfornia!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lulu,

Well, here's the 5th sentence on the 23rd post from the top on my page. "On the day I went, there were four fish specials: black tilapia, Costa Rican red snapper, dourade and black sea bass."

Now I'm hungry again...

-"Salli Vates"

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home